Non-urgent advice: Welcome to Villa Street Medical Centre
We are a friendly NHS doctors surgery providing excellent healthcare with easy access for our local population. We know how important it is to provide the right type of care with a range of easy to book appointments to suit the different lifestyles and clinical needs of all of our patients.
– Book GP and Nurse appointments online, by telephone, video or in person
– 15 minute face to face GP appointments and 10 minute telephone GP appointments
– Book GP and Nurse appointments up to six weeks in advance or for the next two working days
– GP led triage service for urgent clinical issues
– Well staffed and helpful reception team
– Continuity of care as you are able to plan your appointments in advance and see the same clinician each time
– Access to 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, GP and Nurse appointments at our local ‘Enhanced Access’ hub based at Spa Medical Centre, Old Jamaica Rd
We are a Safe Surgery. This means that anyone who resides within our catchment area can register with us regardless of immigration status, language or lack of identity (ID) or proof of address.
We are recruiting for a Practice Nurse30th January 2023
Smear Test Awareness Week24th January 2023
Flu jabs are still available!5th January 2023
Non-urgent advice: Staff Training
We are closed on the third Thursday of every month from 12.30pm to 4.30pm for professional development training. If you need urgent medical advice from a GP during this time, then you can call 0203 883 1623.
For all other issues such as routine care, prescriptions or admin requests please contact us when we are open.
Regular staff training is important for the team to keep up to date, so that we can continue to provide our patients with a safe, effective and caring healthcare service.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book or cancel appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your medical documents record and more.
Out of Hours and Emergencies
111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
In case of a life-threatening emergency, please dial 999