The latest government advice regarding what to do if you have symptoms of a cough, fever or shortness of breath and have either returned to the UK in the last 14 days or have had contact with anyone that has returned in the last 14 days from:
- Hubei province (China)
- to Iran, areas of northern Italy in lockdown or "special care zone" areas in South Korea since 19 February
- to other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath
- to other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath
- stay indoors and avoid contact with other people (as you would do if you had the flu)
- call NHS 111 and inform them of your recent travel and your symptoms and they will advise you what to do next
Please do not go to A&E because there is a risk that you will spread any infection you may have.
If you are worried CALL NHS 111.