The earlier you call us in the morning… the more options we can offer!
Every working day at 8am we release appointments to book for the next two working days. As soon as appointments are released they can be booked by telephone or via an online app. You can choose to have a face to face, telephone or video consultation.
We don’t provide same day GP appointments, however for clinically urgent issues we can arrange for a triage GP to call back that morning. Appointments and triage slots are limited, so the earlier you call the more optons we have to offer. Once we are fully booked we will ask you to call again the next day.
We can however, look at appointment availability at our Extended Primary Care Service located at the Spa Medical Centre, Old Jamaica Road. This service is open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and gives you a wider choice of appointment times.
It’s worth knowing that when a GP finishes seeing a patient they still have lots of work to do.
Here are just a few things they do when not in appointments:
- completing detailed referral paperwork to send to hospitals;
- reviewing test results that have come back to the practice and contacting patients if anything is abnormal;
- reviewing discharge notices from hospitals and updating patient notes;
- following up with patients who may have more complex issues and need more time or a home visit;
- liaising with various organisations about patient care;
- completing insurance forms and medical reports requested by patients;
- checking and processing prescription requests – we process 100s of these every week and they all need checking;
- attending meetings, often at lunch-times or in the evening after we have closed.
So please help us by calling as early in the day as possible (we open at 8am Monday to Friday) and by being aware that routine issues can be planned a couple of weeks in advance.