- Before registering with us please see how our appointment system works so you can be sure it suits your needs. It is important you know that we do not offer the option to book a doctor appointment on the same day.
- Registration will need to be completed before you can book an appointment with us.
- Please allow three working days from submitting the form for registration to be processed, we will send a text to confirm when you are registered with us.
- Please note that you must use a UK mobile or landline telephone number.
- You will remain registered with your previous GP until you are fully registered with us. We cannot issue any repeat prescriptions until we receive confirmation of your past medical history and medication so do ask your previous GP for a supply.
- Download the NHS app so you can order prescriptions, view your test results and medical documents and book or cancel appointments online.
- Please contact the practice if you are registering children (under 16 years old) in your care before completing an online registration.
- Please contact the practice if you have no fixed abode before completing an online registration.
We are a Safe Surgery. This means that anyone who resides within our catchment area can register with us regardless of immigration status, language or lack of identification (ID) or proof of address.
Step 1: Check Catchment Area
We accept patients who are within the shown practice boundary.
(South of Elephant and Castle, along New Kent Road to Bricklayers Arms roundabout. South on the Old Kent Road to the Trafalgar Junction, South to Peckham Library. West along Peckham Road to the Oval. North along Kennington Park Road joining back at the Elephant and Castle.)
Please confirm that you live within our Practice Catchment Area by entering your postcode in the box below.
Step 2: Complete a Patient Registration Form
Our online registration form will collect your details, a brief outline of your medical history and record your preferences. This information may be added to your record and will allow us to begin to provide you with medical services.
Step 3: Upload scan of Photo Identity
As part of the New Patient Registration and registering for Online Services please upload a copy of your photo identification (passport, driving license or European Union (EU) Identity card).
You can upload a copy of your identity with the ‘Upload Identification’ button below. If you prefer to submit your documents in person please speak to the reception team.
I do not want to register online
If you prefer not to register online please complete the following steps:
- Use our Practice Catchment Area Tool above to ensure you live with our catchment area.
- Download and complete a Practice Registration form (also available from reception).
- Download and complete a General Medical Services (GMS1) Permanent Patient Registration form (also available from reception).
- Return your completed registration forms to reception along with your photo identification (ID).
If you would like us to post a registration form to you to complete before you get here then give us a call on 020 7703 7393.
The doctors are able to see patients who are temporary residents for a maximum of 3 months in our practice catchment area should they need medical help. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.
To register you will need to bring your photo ID (passport or GB drivers license) and a completed Temporary Resident Registration form (also available from reception).
Valid forms of identification (ID)
To register we require photo ID (passport, drivers licence or European Union (EU) Identity card).
If you are homeless or of no fixed abode, then although it is helpful to have photo ID you can register without any.
Any other ID such as an HC2 Certificate, Rough Sleepers’ Identity badge, Hostel registration or mail forwarding letter would also be helpful but again we will register you even if you don’t have these. As we know it is more important that you can access health care when you need it.
If you are unsure on how to register, please ask at reception and they can help you to complete the registration process.
If English is not your first language we can provide interpreting services to help with translation in your appointments. Find out more about our Interpreting Services.
Accountable Named GP
All patients registered at the Villa Street Medical Centre have a named doctor who has overall responsibility for your care and support. Your registered GP is also your named accountable and your allocated GP. Your allocated GP will be responsible for the overall provision of your healthcare. You are entirely free to see another doctor at the practice.
All new patients are allocated a doctor at the point of registration.
If you are unsure of who is your named doctor please ask at reception.